Ozone therapy is a unique form of therapy that both heals and detoxifies at the same time.
The oxygen you breathe is present in the air as a pair of oxygen atoms. This is the most stable form of oxygen. Ozone is a blue colored form of oxygen (it’s what makes the sky blue), and unlike regular oxygen, it is composed of three oxygen atoms instead of two. It is the addition of the third oxygen atom that makes ozone “supercharged” oxygen, and gives it all of its remarkable medical properties. Today, medical ozone therapy is common throughout Europe, and its use has gradually been spreading in America, per Dr Shallenburger
Ozone is found naturally in the body. The white cells make it as part of the immune response.
Ozone has five properties that account for why it works so well for most chronic age-related conditions as well:
- Ozone is a potent modulator/ regulator of the immune system.
- Calms an overactive immune system (as in auto-immune disease).
- Stimulates an under active immune system (as in cancer, AIDS, and chronic infections).
- This unique ability of ozone stems from its action on the membranes of white cells that causes them to produce immune related messenger molecules called cytokines (gamma interferon, interleukin-2, colony stimulating factor, and TNF-alpha)
- Ozone stimulates increased uptake of oxygen.
- By stimulating the enzyme diphosphoglycerate (DPG). DPG enables the release of oxygen from the hemoglobin molecule so that it can be taken up into the cell. In the absence of an adequate amount of DPG, our cells become starved for oxygen, a common problem in diabetics.
- Increases glucose metabolism
- Ozone improves circulation.
- Improves oxygen carrying hemoglobin to reach the capillaries
- Improved circulation reduces inflammation
- Ozone increases antioxidant protection
- Along with vitamin C and glutathione, Ozone produces anti-oxidant results, low anti-oxidants increase disease potential.
- Ozone is a powerful mitochondrial and stem cell stimulant.
- The root of All degenerative diseases decreased mitochondrial energy production
- Stem cell improve rejuvenation and provide an anti-aging benefit
Because of its many therapeutic properties, ozone can be used as part of a therapeutic plan for almost every disease.
Some conditions simply will not clear up unless ozone is used, and of course many conditions will clear up without ozone. It is invaluable in the treatment of heart disease diabetes and circulatory disorders. Chronic infections such as hepatitis-C, herpes, Lyme, and AIDS respond very favorably to ozone. It is also very helpful in chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and autoimmune diseases.
It is important to realize that ozone therapy is not a magic bullet. Although it is often an indispensable modality, it is only rarely effective by itself. In the great majority of cases it must be combined with an individualized program of other alternative and natural therapies, such as nutrition and detoxification.
Anything, including water and oxygen, is toxic if given in amounts that exceed the body’s capacity to utilize it.
Pure medical grade ozone, when it is used according to the established medical guidelines, has a safety record that is unparalleled.